This opening was made concrete by the adoption of the decrees n° 2.21.640 and n° 2.21.641 for the application of the said law.
While the decree n° 2.21.640 lists the access conditions of foreign doctors to the Moroccan market, decree n° 2.21.641 has detailed the composition of the commission in charge of monitoring the practice of medicine by foreigners in Morocco, and has set up the conditions of their integration into the national health system. The said commission also makes recommendations and draws up an annual report on its activities, which it submits to the Head of Government.
This commission is formed by representatives of the:
- Ministry of the Interior
- General Secretariat of the Government
- Higher Education Ministry
- The National Order of Physicians
The publication of these two decrees makes it possible to know already that:
- It is planned to create an electronic platform for the submission and processing of applications for authorization to practice;
- Foreign doctors are authorized to practice in the health public and private sectors;
- Foreign and Moroccans residing abroad doctors can practice medicine in Morocco on an exceptional basis for a maximum of two years;
- Foreign doctors who will practice medicine on a permanent basis will receive a registration card of at least 4 years.
NAZALI TAX & LEGAL